The Canadian Numismatic Company will present the Wildlife Museum Collection of Canadian Coins and Banknotes, which consists of an “array of high-grade early Bank of Canada banknotes and Canadian coins,” at the June Torex Auction in Toronto next month.
According to auctioneers, this “comprehensive collection is highlighted by a complete and possibly one of the finest quality silver and nickel five-cent collections ever assembled.”
“Each item being handpicked over several years for its extraordinary appeal and/or quality. The five-cent collection alone should and will rank amongst the very best five-cent collections ever offered, such as the Norweb Collection, the Canadiana Collection, the Belzberg Collection and the Victoria North Collection to name a few.”
The June Torex Sale will be offered across three sessions on June 22, 23 and 25.
Session one highlights include:
- a 1935 $50 note (BC-14) with a serial number reading “F03976” and a grade of PMG Choice Uncirculated-64 EPQ;
- a 1935 $20 note (BC-9a) with a serial number reading “A028338” and a grade of CCCS Choice Uncirculated-63;
- a 1935 $5 note (BC-6) with a serial number reading “F000010” and a grade of PCGS Choice Uncirculated-63;
- a 1935 $2 note (BC-4) with a serial number reading “F000020” and a grade of PMG Choice Uncirculated-63;
- a 1935 $5 note (BC-5) with a serial number reading “A000023” and a grade of PCGS Choice Uncirculated-64 PPQ; and
- a 1935 $2 note (BC-3) with a serial number reading “A000020” and a grade of PMG Choice Uncirculated-63.
Session two highlights include:
- an 1884 five-cent piece in PCGS Mint State-65;
- a 1902H five-cent “Small H” variety in PCGS Mint State-67-plus;
- a 1909 five-cent “Round Leaves cross Bow Tie” variety in ICCS Mint State-64; and
- an 1872H five-cent piece in PCGS Mint State-66.
“We have no doubt in suggesting that this will be a definite highlight sale for 2018 and that you will get your money’s worth just attending and reviewing the gems for offer,” reads a statement issued by auctioneers. “Mark this date on your calendar and be sure to make this a rendezvous not to miss.”