There are four shows on the numismatic calendar this week.
Today is the final day of the National Postage Stamp and Coin Show hosted by Trajan Media, publisher of CCN and CSN. The two-day show is being held at the Hilton Mississauga/Meadowvale on 6750 Mississauga Rd., in Mississauga, Ont. The bourse and exhibition hall will be open from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. today, and admission and parking are free.
For more information about the biannual National Postage Stamp and Coin Show, which will return to Mississauga on Oct. 28-29, visit stampandcoinshow.com.
Also taking pace today is the L.A. Coin Show, being held at the Windsor Moose Lodge on 777 Tecumseh Rd. W., in Windsor, Ont. The show will run from 10 a.m.-4 p.m., and will feature 25 dealer tables with a selection of Canadian, U.S. and world coins, currency, coin supplies, war memorabilia, and more. Parking and admission are free. Donations of canned goods will be accepted for the LaSalle food bank.
Later this week, on April 1-2, the Vancouver Coin, Stamp and Collectibles Show will be held at the Nikkei Centre on 6688 Southoaks Cres., in Burnaby, B.C. Hosted by the North Shore Numismatic Society, the show will run from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. today, and from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. tomorrow. The bourse will feature a selection of coins, banknotes, tokens, medals, stamps, postcards, art, pins and more. Admission is $2 for one day or $3 for both days (although children aged 16 or under are free if accompanied by an adult). Free underground parking is also available.
The following dealers are slated to attend:
- Adem Karisik, of Vancouver (Canadian banknotes)
- Al Tebworth, of Vancouver (Canadian banknotes and coins)
- Albert Benoit, of Vancouver (Canadian and world coins, banknotes)
- Clay Elmquist, of Victoria (Canadian coins)
- Gino Nyeste, of Vancouver (Coins and artwork)
- Greg Jones, of Halifax (Canadian coins)
- Hugh Powell, of Enderby (Certified Canadian coins)
- Jason Yanko, of Abbotsford *Saturday only* (Coins and silver bullion)
- Julian Ticehurst, of West Vancouver *Sunday only* (Ancient coins)
- Jack Noble, of Chilliwack (Canadian and world coins, banknotes, militaria, medals)
Lighthouse Publications, of Quebec (Coin and stamp supplies)
- Luciano Bassatto, of Vancouver (World stamps and covers)
- Lynn Balmer, of Burnaby (Canadian and world coins, banknotes)
- Michael Price, of Vancouver (Gold)
- Peter Jensen, of Burnaby (World stamps and covers)
- Rein Stamm, of Vancouver (Ephemera)
- Ron Richardson, of Campbell River (Canadian and world banknotes)
- Stan Chin, of Vancouver (Canadian and world coins, banknotes)
- Tom Kovacs, of Vancouver (Canadian and world coins, banknotes)
Rounding out the week in shows is the Bellingham Stamp and Coin Show, which will be held April 1-2 at the Hampton Inn-Fox Hall on 3985 Bennett Dr., in Bellingham, Wash., about one hour from the Canada-U.S. border near Peace Arch Provincial Park. Hosted by the Stamp and Coin Place, the show will run from 10 a.m.-5 p.m. today, and from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. tomorrow. A selection of philatelic and numismatic items will be available from about 20 dealers at more than 50 dealer tables. Admission and parking are free.