Canada’s major numismatic extravaganza is winding down today as the focus begins to shift to the U.S. and the 2017 World’s Fair of Money.
Today is the final day of the Royal Canadian Numismatic Association (RCNA) Convention, which began on July 18 in Boucherville, Qué. This year’s show is being held at Hôtel Mortagne on 1228 Nobel St. in Boucherville, which is just east of Montréal on the south shore of the St. Lawrence River.
The bourse and exhibit hall will be open to the public today from 9 a.m.-2 p.m. In addition to more than 60 dealer tables, the convention also boasts a vast offering of competitive exhibits as well as a variety of meetings and presentations. Several day tours were also been planned for the days leading up to the convention.
- 8 a.m.-10 a.m.: RCNA incoming executive meeting [Pierre Boucher Room]
- 9 a.m.-noon: Registration open [Le Foyer]
- 9 a.m.-10 a.m.: Bourse and exhibits preview [Iles de Boucherville] (Registrants and dealers only; badge required)
- 9 a.m.-2 p.m.: TCNC auction lot pickup [Iles de Boucherville]
- 10 a.m.-3 p.m.: Bourse and exhibits open to public [Iles de Boucherville]
- 10 a.m.-1 p.m.: Coin Kids table open [Le Foyer]
- 10 a.m.-2 p.m.: Book fair table open [Le Foyer]
- 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.: CAFNE board meeting [R-100] (Invitation only)
- 10:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.: Hospitality suite open [Hospitality Suite] (Registrants and dealers only; badge required)
- 3 p.m.: Bourse closed (End of activities)
This year’s convention was organized by host club l’Association des Numismates et des Philatélistes de Boucherville (ANPB), which has previously organized the RCNA’s annual gathering in Montréal in 1992 and 1996.
WORLD’S FAIR OF MONEY
Next week, from Aug. 1-5, the American Numismatic Association (ANA) will host the 2017 World’s Fair of Money—the biggest money show in the U.S.—at the Colorado Convention Centre in Denver.
Among the Canadian dealers slated to attend this year’s World’s Fair of Money are:
- J & M Jewellery at table #1045; and
- the Royal Canadian Mint at table #234 and #236.
For more information about this year’s show, visit money.org/worldsfairofmoney.