There is one major coin show taking place in western Canada this week.
On April 6, the Medicine Hat Coin and Stamp Show will be hosted by the Medicine Hat Coin and Stamp Club at the Higdon Hall Stampede Grounds on 2055 21 Ave. S.E., in Medicine Hat, Alta.
Open from 10 a.m.-4 p.m., the bourse will feature more than 40 tables of numismatic and philatelic material from dealers from across Alberta and Saskatchewan. Door prizes will be drawn, and admission is $2 (but children accompanied by a paying adult are free).
Looking forward to next week, there are six major shows on the numismatic docket in Canada and in nearby U.S. states.
- the Kent Coin Club 2019 Spring Coin Show on April 7 in Chatham, Ont.;
- the Ontario Numismatic Association’s 57th Annual Convention on April 12-14 in Kingston, Ont.;
- the Buffalo Numismatic Association’s Gold and Silver Expo on April 12-14 in Hamburg, N.Y., which is only about 30 kilometres south of the Canada-U.S. border in Fort Erie, Ont.;
- the Michigan State Numismatic Society’s 63rd Annual Spring Convention and Show on April 12 in Warren, Mich., which is only about 40 kilometres from the Canada-U.S. border in Windsor, Ont.;
- the Regina Coin Club Spring Show and Sale on April 13-14 in Regina, Sask.; and
- Postalia Québec Printemps 2019 on April 13-14 in Wendake, Qué.
For more information about upcoming shows, visit our “Events” page or look out for our Canadian Coin and Stamp Show Planner 2019, which is a comprehensive handbook-sized listing of all local, regional and national shows in Canada as well as major international shows abroad.