- 99.99% pure silver
- 18-carat gold plated rotating tiger charm
- Tuvalu legal tender • Limited mintage – 3,000
- Presentation packaging
- Numbered Certificate of Authenticity
This 1oz silver antiqued coin features a central gold-plated rotating charm in the shape of the third animal in the ancient Chinese lunar calendar, the tiger.
Determined, courageous, confident and charming, the tiger is said to bestow many positive characteristics on people born during its years of influence – including 1950, 1962, 1974, 1986, 1998, 2010 and 2022.
Struck by The Perth Mint from 1oz of 99.99% pure silver, the coin is issued as legal tender under the authority of the Government of Tuvalu.
The Perth Mint will release no more than 3,000 of the Year of the Tiger Rotating Charm 2022 1oz Silver Antiqued Coin.
The coin incorporates a rotating gold-plated sterling silver bead resembling the form of a tiger. It is surrounded by artistic portrayals of tigers in a rocky terrain. Each animal’s forehead features stripes representing the Chinese character for ‘king’, reflecting the tiger’s status as ‘king of the beasts’ in Chinese mythology. As well as The Perth Mint’s ‘P’ mintmark, the reverse also includes the coin’s weight and fineness.
The Ian Rank-Broadley effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II appears on the obverse, which is inscribed with the coin’s monetary denomination and 2022 year-date.
The coin has been individually ‘antiqued’ to give it a unique finish conveying the surface abrasions of an ancient artefact. As a result of this treatment the appearance of each coin may vary.
The coin is housed in a classic display case with a clear lid. Packaged with an illustrated shipper, each coin is accompanied by a numbered Certificate of Authenticity.
RECOMMENDED RETAIL (AUD INCLUDING METAL)
|Year of the Tiger Rotating Charm 2022 1oz Silver Antiqued Coin||$149.00||$13.55|
Notes on Pricing:
- Indicative Total Price (incl. metal) is based on the metal price of silver AUD 31.79/oz to be used as a guide only.
- The pricing is based on a margin over the prevailing spot price of the metal at the time of order.
- Volume discounts apply to individual orders only. To receive the volume break, you must order the relevant number of units for delivery in one shipment.
- The Perth Mint reserves the right to amend the above prices in the event of substantial movement in the metal price.
|Silver Content (Troy oz)||1|
|Monetary Denomination (AUD)||1|
|Fineness (% purity)||99.99|
|Minimum Gross Weight (g)||31.107|
|Maximum Diameter (mm)||40.60|
|Maximum Thickness (mm)||4.00|