KEY SELLING POINTS
- Australian legal tender
- 99.99% pure gold
- Stunning ultra high relief design – seventh design by John M. Mercanti • Limited mintage – 500
- Numbered Certificate of Authenticity
- Beautifully illustrated presentation packaging
This majestic Wedge-tailed Eagle gold coin, featuring artistry prepared exclusively for The Perth Mint by renowned US designer John M. Mercanti, showcases our ultra high relief strike, a coining technique that offers an even greater three-dimensional aspect to the coin’s reverse design.
Named for its long, distinctively shaped tail, the wedge-tailed eagle is Australia’s largest bird of prey and one of the biggest eagles in the world. Found throughout mainland Australia, Tasmania and southern Papua New Guinea, the bird has an impressive wingspan of up to 2.7 metres.
The Australian Wedge-tailed Eagle 2022 1oz Gold Proof Ultra High Relief Coin is struck by The Perth Mint from 99.99% pure gold and issued as legal tender under the Australian Currency Act 1965. No more than 500 of these coins will be released worldwide.
The coin’s ultra high relief reverse portrays the head of a wedge-tailed eagle. Standing especially proud of the coin’s table, the artistry highlights the bird’s superbly effective eyes, which allow it to pinpoint prey from a great height, and a large, hooked beak. As well as the inscription ‘AUSTRALIAN WEDGETAILED EAGLE’ and The Perth Mint’s ‘P’ mintmark, the reverse also includes the coin’s weight, fineness and its 2022 year-date.
The coin’s obverse depicts the Jody Clark effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and the monetary denomination.
The coin’s ultra high relief reverse is minted on a deeply concaved surface to ensure the optimum flow of metal is achieved by the strike of the die.
ABOUT THE DESIGNER
This is the seventh wedge-tailed eagle design for The Perth Mint by renowned sculptor and engraver John M. Mercanti, the 12th Chief Engraver of the U.S. Mint. Mercanti also created the reverse design of the American Silver Eagle bullion coin and has produced more coin and medal designs than any other employee in the history of the U.S. Mint.
This coin is housed in a deluxe timber display case within a themed, customised shipper and is accompanied by a numbered Certificate of Authenticity.
PRICING – RECOMMENDED RETAIL
|Australian Wedge-tailed Eagle 2022 1oz Gold Proof Ultra High Relief Coin||$3,900.00||$354.55|
Notes on Pricing:
- Indicative Total Price (incl. metal) is based on the metal price of gold AUD2,564.45/oz to be used as a guide only.
- The pricing is based on a margin over the prevailing spot price of the metal at the time of order.
- Volume discounts apply to individual orders only. To receive the volume break, you must order the relevant number of units for delivery in one shipment.
- The Perth Mint reserves the right to amend the above prices in the event of substantial movement in the metal price.
|Gold Content (Troy oz)||1|
|Monetary Denomination (AUD)||100|
|Fineness (% purity)||99.99|
|Minimum Gross Weight (g)||31.107|
|Maximum Diameter (mm)||27.60|
|Maximum Thickness (mm)||5.00|
|Designer||John M. Mercanti|
Note: The year-date on each coin does not necessarily indicate the year of release or the year in which it was minted.