- The Perth Mint’s first reverse gilded coin
- 99.99% pure silver
- 24-carat gold gilding
- Australian legal tender
- Limited mintage – 3,000
- Presentation packaging
- Numbered Certificate of Authenticity
This spectacular silver reverse gilded coin features a true blue Aussie icon – the kangaroo – on a stunning 24- carat gold gilded background. Each coin is meticulously struck by The Perth Mint from 2oz of 99.99% pure silver, and issued as legal tender under the Australian Currency Act 1965. The Perth Mint will release no more than 3,000 of the Australian Kangaroo 2022 2oz Silver Reverse Gilded Coin.
The coin’s reverse portrays a bounding kangaroo. The background (field) and other artistic elements, including representations of a joey, a grassy plain and hillocks, are gilded in 24-carat gold. Also within the gilded area is the inscription ‘KANGAROO’, The Perth Mint’s ‘P’ mintmark, and the coin’s weight, purity and 2022 yeardate.
The obverse bears the Jody Clark effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II on a gilded background which includes the coin’s monetary denomination.
A pioneer of 24-carat gilding on modern numismatic coins, The Perth Mint is noted for releases featuring the selective application of this treatment on a coin’s central design motif. The reverse gilded concept switches this application to the background design details and in this case is also featured on the coin’s obverse.
The coin is housed in a classic display case with a clear lid. Packaged within an illustrated shipper, each coin is accompanied by a numbered Certificate of Authenticity.
|Australian Kangaroo 2022 2oz Silver Reverse Gilded Coin
Notes on Pricing:
- Indicative Total Price (incl. metal) is based on the metal price of silver AUD 31.79/oz to be used as a guide only.
- The pricing is based on a margin over the prevailing spot price of the metal at the time of order.
- Volume discounts apply to individual orders only. To receive the volume break, you must order the relevant number of units for delivery in one shipment.
- The Perth Mint reserves the right to amend the above prices in the event of substantial movement in the metal price
|Silver Content (Troy oz)
|Monetary Denomination (AUD)
|Fineness (% purity)
|Minimum Gross Weight (g)
|Maximum Diameter (mm)
|Maximum Thickness (mm)