The Canadian Numismatic Company (TCNC) will host a special single-session numismatic literature auction on Jan. 17.
The 245-lot sale opens with modern Royal Canadian Mint material (Lots 1584-1775) followed by worldwide literature (Lots 1776-1839), including:
- Krause Publication’s 2013 Standard Catalog of World Coins 1701-1800 (Lot 1821) with a starting bid of $5;
- Krause Publication’s 1998 Standard Catalog of World Paper Money – Specialized Issues (Lot 1822) with a starting bid of $5;
- Francis Rowe’s 1983 book The Currency and Medals of Newfoundland (Lot 1827), which is offered with an unfilled Whitman Newfoundland type collection holder with a starting bid of $10;
- the 2020 French-language Catalogue Charlton standard Jetons Coloniaux Canadiens (Lot 1835) with a starting bid of $20; and
- Chris Faulkner’s 2012 book The Holey Dollars and Dumps of Prince Edward Island (Lot 1839) with a starting bid of $5.
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, TCNC is hosting all of its auctions online.
The Québec-based firm accepts bids via email, fax, proxy and its live browser-based bidding platform, which is available at bit.ly/33ytZJP.