The 55th Annual ONA Convention is open to the public today and tomorrow.
Hosted at the Holiday Inn Kitchener-Waterloo Hotel and Conference Centre, this year’s show boasts a bourse with nearly 30 of Canada’s top numismatic dealers (see full listing here) as well as a revamped exhibition.
The bourse and exhibit hall are open today and tomorrow from 10 a.m.-5 p.m. and 10 a.m.-4 p.m., respectively. Daily admission is $3, although children aged 17 and under are free.
Visit Canadian Coin News and Coin and Stamp Supplies at Table Nos. 1 and 2 (back left corner of the bourse) this weekend.
The ONA Convention will also host a series of club meetings tomorrow and Sunday, including:
- a Canadian Tire Coupon Collectors Club (CTCCC) meeting on April 22 at 9 a.m.;
- the Annual ONA General and Club Delegates Meeting on April 22 at 10:15 a.m.;
- a Canadian Association of Token Collectors (CATC) meeting on April 22 at 1 p.m.;
- a Canadian Centennial Collectors Club (CCCC) meeting on April 22 at 2 p.m.;
- a Canadian Association of Wooden Money Collectors (CAWMC) meeting on April 22 at 2 p.m.;
- a Canadian Association of Numismatic Editors and Writers (CANEW) meeting on April 22 at 4 p.m.;
- the ONA Executive Meeting on April 23 at 8:30 a.m.;
- the RCNA Executive Meeting on April 23 at 10 a.m.; and
- a Canadian Association for Numismatic Education (CAFNE) meeting at April 23 at 12:30 p.m.
In conjunction with the Royal Canadian Numismatic Association, the ONA will also man a “Junior Numismatists” table outside the show’s bourse room. Material is donated by dealers, ONA and RCNA members, and the Royal Canadian Mint. Parents are reminded this table is strictly for juniors with “absolutely no coaching or prompting” allowed. The material will be available at special prices in an attempt to make the hobby more affordable and accessible to young numismatists.
The RCNA’s Coin Kids auction will be held today at 1 p.m. Space is limited to the first 50 juniors to register for the auction.