A 107-lot auction by Cobourg, Ont.’s Northumberland Numismatics is set to kick off late next week on Coin & Stamp Classifieds, a newly launched online plaza for collectors looking to buy and sell material.
Among the offerings are key-date coins, ancients, colonial tokens, Royal Canadian Mint products, the Bank of Canada’s 1935 Series French-language notes, 1937 Series notes, “Devil’s Face” notes and shinplasters.
- Lot 16, a rare 1974 $2 “Modified Tint” note described by the auctioneer as “nice Uncirculated.” Featuring the Lawson/Bouey signature combination, this lot has a starting bid of $25.
- Lot 25, an 1859 “Wid 9 Over 8” variety described by the auctioneer as a “key variety” with a grade of Very Good-Fine. Its starting bid is $45.
- Lot 34, a 1950 (Arnprior) silver dollar graded by International Coin Certification Service as Mint State-63 and with a starting bid of $90.
- Lot 46, a 69-79 CE Vespasian silver denarius from Ancient Rome with a starting bid of $35.
- Lot 61, a rare French-language 1935 Series banknote with a starting bid of $300.
To read more about the Coin & Stamp Classifieds platform, including how to browse lots, bid and list your own material for sale, click here.