The Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) and Whitman Publishing have unveiled a special 30th-anniversary edition of the 2018 A Guide Book of United States Coins, which is commonly referred to as the “Red Book.”
This special edition combines two numismatic icons: NGC, the world’s largest third-party coin grading service with more than 37 million coins graded, and the official “Red Book,” which is the world’s most popular coin collecting guide with more than 24 million copies sold.
Only 2,017 copies of the NGC 30th Anniversary Official Red Book have been printed.
71st EDITION OF THE ‘RED BOOK’
Founded in 1987, NGC celebrates its 30th anniversary this year. The “Red Book,” which has been published since 1946, celebrates its 71st edition.
NGC’s 30th Anniversary logo is featured prominently on the front and back covers of this special-edition Red Book. The book’s spine also indicates it is the “NGC 30” edition.
The books will be given for free on a first-come, first-served basis to qualifying submitters to NGC.
For more information, see the guidelines below.
INSTRUCTIONS & RESTRICTIONS
- NGC will make 1,917 NGC 30th Anniversary Official Red Books available for this promotion.
- The NGC 30th Anniversary Official Red Book promotion is open to NGC Collector members and NGC Authorized Dealers with shipping addresses in the U.S.
- NGC Collector members and NGC Authorized Dealers who submit five or more U.S. coins, tokens or medals to NGC before May 31 under any non-bulk grading tiers (Modern, Economy, Early Bird, Express or WalkThrough) will receive a copy of the NGC 30th Anniversary Official Red Book while supplies last. Coins may be submitted under multiple grading tiers, but all five coins must arrive at NGC’s Sarasota, Fla., office before May 31, and all in the same package.
- NGC anticipates that 1,917 NGC 30th Anniversary Official Red Books will be sufficient to provide every qualifying submitter with a copy; however, in the event that more than 1,917 submitters qualify, NGC will provide any additional qualifying submitters with a $20 reduction in grading fees (the value of which is equivalent to the value of the NGC 30th Anniversary Red Book).
- There is a limit of one NGC 30th Anniversary Official Red Book or reduction in grading fees per NGC Collector member or NGC Authorized Dealer account.
- Allow up to four weeks for delivery of the NGC 30th Anniversary Official Red Book after your coins have been returned.
To learn more about the NGC Collector membership, visit NGCcoin.com/Join.
To view the Official Red Book Online, click here.