The Hamilton Coin Society recently revealed the winning logo voted by members from amongst 17 entries. Created by Dave Leslie, the logo features the letters “HCS” in an overlapping design.
Revived by several Ontario Numismatic Association members in 2019, the Hamilton Coin Society follows an earlier group – the Hamilton Coin Club (HCC) – originally founded in August 1952 by Eugene Culp and other collectors. The original 16 charter members of the 20th-century Hamilton club met at the downtown YMCA for the first few years before moving the meetings in 1956 to the Wentworth Arms Hotel. The club hosted its first Candian Numismatic Association (CNA) Convention in 1957. The CNA is now known as the Royal Canadian Numismatic Association (RCNA). The HCC hosted the CNA again in 1961, 1974, 1984 and 1994.
The HCC hosted its only ONA (Ontario Numismatic Association) convention in 1979. However, that will change next year as the the 61st Annual ONA Convention will b e held March 31-April 2, 2023 at the Courtyard Marriot Hotel & Conference Centre on 1214 Upper St. James Street in Hamilton.