Earlier today, the Royal Canadian Mint (RCM) launched its latest collector coins, including $20 Fine silver coins commemorating the Battles of Neuve-Chappelle and Britain.
The first in a new Battlefront series, which honours Canada’s armed forces for their role throughout the First and Second World Wars, the coins commemorate the 100th anniversary of the Battle of Neuve-Chapelle and the 75th anniversary of the Battle of Britain, designed by artists Joel Kimmel and Ardell Bourgeois, respectively.
The RCM is also launching the first of four Canadian Home Front $20 Fine silver coins, paying tribute to Canada’s railways and their vital contribution to the war effort between 1914 and 1918, as illustrated by artist David A. Oram.
Other products include:
The 2015 50-Cent Circulation Coin Roll in a special colour wrap;
- The 2015 $3 Fine Silver Coin – 50th Anniversary of the Canadian Flag, featuring red and white enamel;
- The 2015 5-Cent Fine Silver Coin: Legacy of the Canadian Nickel: The Two Maple Leaves and the 2015 5-Ounce fine Silver Coin – Big Coin Series: 10-Cent Coin (both selectively gold plated);
- The 2015 $50 Fine Silver Coin – Lustrous Maple Leaves designed by Michelle Grant, the Mint’s first 5 oz. coin featuring hologram technology;
- The 2015 $15 Fine Silver Coin – Exploring Canada: Scientific Exploration, designed by John Mantha;
- The 2015 $10 Fine Silver Coin – Canoe Across Canada: Splendid Surroundings by artist Greg Banning;
- The 2015 $25 Fine Silver 3-Coin Set – Singing Moon Mask and a $200 Pure Gold Singing Moon Mask Coin in ultra-high relief enhanced by enamel, all of which were designed by British Columbia First Nations artist Andy Everson;
- The 2015 $10 Fine Silver Coin – First Nations Art: Mother Feeding Baby designed by Kwaguilth artist Richard Hunt and combining colour with hologram technology;
- The 2015 $25 Fine Silver Coin – Star Charts: The Eternal Pursuit by Cyril Assiniboine, which features colour and a glow-in-the-dark effect;
- The 2015 $20 Fine Silver Coin – Baby Animals: Black Bear, designed by artist Clinton Jammer;
- 2015 Half-Kilo $1250 Pure Gold and $125 Fine Silver coins (2nd in the Call of the Wild series) featuring the growling Cougar, illustrated by Pierre Leduc;
- The 2015 $200 Pure Gold Coin – North American Sportfish: Largemouth Bass and the 2015 $20 Fine Silver Coin – North American Sportfish: Northern Pike (#2 in the series), both designed by Curtis Atwater;
- The 2015 $10 Fine Silver Coin – Colourful Songbirds of Canada: The Northern Cardinal (first in a new coloured fine silver series), illustrated by Derek C. Wicks;
- The 2015 $10 Fine Silver Coin and 25-cent Coloured Coin – Cinnamon Teal, from the popular Ducks of Canada series and both designed by Denis Mayer Jr.;
- The 2015 50-Cent Pure Gold Coin – Owl featuring the artwork of Arnold Nogy;
- The 2015 $10 Fine Silver Coin – Dragonfly: Pygmy Snaketail (#3 in the hologram-enhanced Dragonflies series), by artist Celia Godkin;
- The 2015 $20 Fine Silver Coin – Forests of Canada: Carolinian Tulip Tree (#1 in a new series), illustrated by Julius Csotonyi; and
- The 2015 $20 Fine Silver Coin – Wedding, designed by Joel Kimmel.
All products can be ordered directly from the RCM at 1-800-267-1871 in Canada, 1-800-268-6468 in the US, or online at mint.ca, where a full background on each product can be found.
A more detailed story and images of the new coins will be published in the next issue of Canadian Coin News.