The bourse and exhibit hall will be open today and tomorrow from 10 a.m.-6 p.m. and on July 23 from 9 a.m.-2 p.m. In addition to more than 60 dealer tables, the convention boasts an extensive auction, a vast offering of competitive exhibits and a variety of meetings, presentations and social gatherings.
The six-day event is being held at Hôtel Mortagne on 1228 Nobel St. in Boucherville, which is just east of Montréal on the south shore of the St. Lawrence River.
At yesterday’s annual reception of the Canadian Association For Numismatic Education (CAFNE), sponsor Xan Chamberlain matched every dollar donated to CAFNE with a donation of $2 USD.
By 8:30 p.m., more than $8,000 was raised. A summary of the CAFNE reception along with the final donation total will appear in an upcoming edition of CCN.
A not-for-profit organization, CAFNE was established to fund programs and activities that help promote numismatics in Canada.
Today’s festivities begin with the invitation-only RCNA judges breakfast from 7:30 a.m.-8:30 a.m. The RCNA club delegates breakfast meeting will also be held from 8 a.m.-10 a.m., around the same time as the spousal breakfast at 8:30 a.m.-10 a.m.
Registration opens at 8 a.m., and competitive exhibit judging begins at 8:30 a.m.
A bourse and exhibit preview will be available to registrants between 9 a.m. and 10 a.m.
Lot viewing for the convention’s auction will be held from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. in the hotel’s Boucherville Room.
This year’s opening ceremony will be held today at 10 a.m., and the bourse and exhibit hall will open to the public soon after.
The remaining schedule of today’s events is listed below.
- 10 a.m.-noon: J. Douglas Ferguson Historical Research Foundation executive meeting [R-100] (Invitation only)
- 10 a.m.-3:30 p.m.: Tour of DIX30 Shopping Mall in Brassard, Qué. [Gather in lobby]
- 10:30 a.m.-11 a.m.: Book launch [Le Foyer]
- 10:30 a.m.-5 p.m.: Hospitality suite open [Hospitality Suite] (Registrants dealers only; badge required)
- 11 p.m.-4 p.m.: Coin Kids table open [Le Foyer]
- Noon-5 p.m.: Book fair table open [Le Foyer]
- Noon-2 p.m.: CPMS luncheon and annual meeting [Pierre Boucher Room]
- 12:30 p.m.-2 p.m.: Society of Bearded Numismatists (SOB) meeting [TBA] (Bearded numismatists invited)
- 2 p.m.-3:30 p.m.: Hudson’s Bay Company Collectors Society (HBCCS) meeting [R-100]
- 3:30 p.m.-5 p.m.: Newfoundland Numismatic Enthusiasts (NNE) meeting [Montarville Room]
- 4 p.m.-5 p.m.: Canadian Errors and Varieties Numismatic Association (CEVNA) meeting [R-100]
- 4 p.m.-10 p.m.: TCNC auction session two [Mortagne Room]
- 6 p.m.-10:30 p.m.: Montreal boat cruise and dinner on the St. Lawrence River [Gather in lobby]