There are five shows on the numismatic calendar this week.
Today is the final day of the Vancouver Coin, Stamp and Collectibles Show, which is being held at the Nikkei Centre on 6688 Southoaks Cres., in Burnaby, B.C. Hosted by the North Shore Numismatic Society, the bourse will be open today from 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
There will be a selection of stamps, postcards, coins, banknotes, tokens, medals and art available. Admission is $2, although children aged 16 or under are free if accompanied by an adult. Free underground parking is also available.
The following dealers are slated to attend:
- Adem Karisik, of Vancouver (Canadian banknotes)
- Al Tebworth, of Vancouver (Canadian banknotes and coins)
- Albert Benoit, of Vancouver (Canadian and world coins, banknotes)
- Clay Elmquist, of Victoria (Canadian coins)
- Gino Nyeste, of Vancouver (Coins and artwork)
- Greg Jones, of Halifax (Canadian coins)
- Hugh Powell, of Enderby (Certified Canadian coins)
- Jason Yanko, of Abbotsford *Saturday only* (Coins and silver bullion)
- Julian Ticehurst, of West Vancouver *Sunday only* (Ancient coins)
- Jack Noble, of Chilliwack (Canadian and world coins, banknotes, militaria, medals)
Lighthouse Publications, of Quebec (Coin and stamp supplies)
- Luciano Bassatto, of Vancouver (World stamps and covers)
- Lynn Balmer, of Burnaby (Canadian and world coins, banknotes)
- Michael Price, of Vancouver (Gold)
- Peter Jensen, of Burnaby (World stamps and covers)
- Rein Stamm, of Vancouver (Ephemera)
- Ron Richardson, of Campbell River (Canadian and world banknotes)
- Stan Chin, of Vancouver (Canadian and world coins, banknotes)
- Tom Kovacs, of Vancouver (Canadian and world coins, banknotes)
Today is also the final day of the Bellingham Stamp and Coin Show, which is being held at the Hampton Inn-Fox Hall on 3985 Bennett Dr., in Bellingham, Wash., about one hour from the Canada-U.S. border near Peace Arch Provincial Park.
Hosted by the Stamp and Coin Place, the bourse will be open from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. A selection of philatelic and numismatic items will be available from about 20 dealers at more than 50 dealer tables. Admission and parking are free.
On April 7-9, the Michigan State Numismatic Society 61st Annual Spring Convention and Show will be held at the Macomb Community College Expo Center (South Campus) on 14500 East 12 Mile Rd., in Warren, Mich. The show is hosted by the Michigan State Numismatic Society.
MEDICINE HAT, ALTA.
Rounding out the week in shows is the Medicine Hat Stamp and Coin Show, which is being held on April 8 at Higdon Hall on 2055 21 Ave. S.E. in Medicine Hat, Alta. More than 40 tables of stamps and coins will be available on the bourse from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Admission $2, although children accompanied by a parent are free.