2017 silver dollar, other finely crafted collectibles kick off year-long celebration of Canada 150
As Canadians ring in a new year and the historical celebration of Canada’s 150th anniversary, the Royal Canadian Mint is releasing several keepsakes of this momentous event, among other celebrations of Canadiana, in its first collector numismatic catalogue of 2017.
Among the latest Canada 150 products are the 2017 Proof silver dollar; the 2017 Fine silver coin, “Maple Leaves;” the 2017 Classic Canadian coin set and “Grizzly Bear” from the 2017 $10 Fine silver coin series, Celebrating Canada’s 150th.
All of these new coins are available for purchase as of today. Other new products include:
- the 2017 Specimen set, including a special $1 coin featuring artist Derek C. Wicks’ “Snow Goose” design;
- the new double-thick 2017 $25 Fine silver piedfort, “Timeless Icons,” featuring a beaver and maple leaf design by Pierre Leduc in selective gold plating, a first for the Mint’s piedfort coins;
- the glow-in-the-dark 2017 $30 Fine silver coin, “Animals in the Moonlight: Cougar,” designed by artist Jan Poynter;
- the 2017 $20 Fine silver coin, “Nature’s Impressions: Polar Bear,” designed by Claudio D’Angelo;
- the first in the selectively-coloured $20 Fine silver coin, “Aircraft of the Second World War Series: Hawker Hurricane,” designed by David A. Oram;
- the double crystal-enhanced 2017 $3 Fine silver coin of the Zodiac Series, “Aquarius,” designed by Pandora Young;
- the 2017 $20 Fine silver coin, “Best Wishes on your Wedding Day,” featuring a heart-shaped design by artist Sylvie Daigneault selectively plated in rose gold;
- the 2017 $10 Fine silver coin and $200 pure gold coin, “Welcome to the World;” and
- the 2017 Gift Sets, returning with the themes of “Born in 2017,” “Married in 2017,” “Happy Birthday” and “O Canada,” which features Canada 150-themed packaging.
Mintages, pricing and full background information on each product can be found at mint.ca.