Hamilton Coin Society
Revived by several long-time Ontario Numismatic Association (ONA) members in 2019, the Hamilton Coin Society (HCS) follows in the footsteps of an earlier group, the Hamilton Coin Club (HCC), founded in August 1952 by Eugene Culp and other collectors.
The original 16 charter members of the 20th-century Hamilton club met at the downtown YMCA for the first few years before moving the meetings in 1956 to the Wentworth Arms Hotel. The club hosted its first Canadian Numismatic Association Convention in 1957 before repeating the feat again in 1961, 1974, 1984 and 1994. The HCC hosted its only ONA show in 1979. For many years, the HCC held annual coin shows.
Since June 2023, the revived HCS has hosted its monthly meetings at the Stoney Creek Recreation Centre in nearby Stoney Creek, Ont.