NCS Conservation Services Changes
- NCS Standard Conservation: Fee lowered to four per cent Fair Market Value ($25 minimum fee).
- NCS Gold and NGC Grading: Fee of $50 includes both NCS conservation and NGC grading. This new tier accepts all uncertified gold coins, both vintage and modern, except coins requiring an NGC Oversize Holder. Maximum value $3,000 per coin.
- NCS Modern and NGC Grading: Fee of $28 includes both NCS conservation and NGC grading. This new tier replaces the former “Modern” and “Modern Value” tiers. All uncertified coins, 1955 to present, except coins requiring an NGC Oversize Holder. Maximum value $2,000 per coin.
NGC Grading Tiers and Services
- Modern Tier: Eligibility expanded to all U.S. or world coins 1955-present. Maximum value was increased to $2,000, and the five-coin minimum was removed (this minimum was also removed from the Specialty Gold, Gold and Economy tiers).
- Return Mint Packaging: Fee changed to $5 a submission (plus shipping).
- Early Releases/First Releases: Fee is $10. Use this service to receive the “EARLY RELEASES” or “FIRST RELEASES” designation for qualifying coins.
- Special Label: Fee is $5. Use the service to request a special NGC label.
- High Value Designation Review: Fee is $50. New Designation Review tier for coins valued at more than $10,000.
An updated submission form and price sheet reflecting these changes will be available in late December on the NGC website. All coins shipped to NGC after Jan. 1, 2017, should be accompanied by the new submission form.