The Royal Canadian Mint has just released an extensive selection of new collector coins, available since May 5, 2015 and featuring themes covering many aspects of Canada’s identity, from history to pop culture, as well as our legendary nature.
The Mint’s second-ever coin to incorporate a jade insert celebrates a polar bear carved of the semi-precious stone, which crowns artist Cindy-Deborah Sorley-Keichinger’s design of a new $20 fine silver coin. An impressive two-ounce fine silver coin featuring the art of Ervin Molnar displays the serene image of a lakeside camp site at night, showcasing a pair of fireflies, a campfire, and a full moon glowing through the intricate application of glow-in-the-dark technology.
Other newly launched products include:
• $20 and $50 fine silver coins both commemorating the 100th Anniversary
of In Flanders Fields, designed by Laurie McGaw ($10) and Tony Bianco ($50);
• The 2015 $20 Fine Silver Coin – Black-Eyed Susan with Crystal Dew Drops,
designed by artist Laurie Kloss;
• The 2015 $20 Fine Silver Coin – Forests of Canada: Coast Shore Pine, featuring
a meticulously coloured pine bough in a landscape by artist Margaret Best;
• The 2015 $20 Fine Silver Coin – North American Sportfish: Rainbow Trout
(Final issue of the four-coin series), designed by Curtis Atwater;
• The 2015 $20 Fine Silver Coin – Misty Morning Mule Deer, featuring a full
colour illustration by artist Trevor Tennant;
• The 2015 $10 Fine Silver Coin – Colourful Songbirds of Canada: The Blue Jay
(#3 in the series) designed by artist Derek C. Wicks;
• The 2015 Fine Silver Fractional Set – Bald Eagle, containing four coins
(1 oz., ½ oz, ¼ oz., and 1/10 oz.) designed by Derek C. Wicks;
• The 2015 $20 Fine Silver Coin – UNESCO at Home and Abroad: Wood
Buffalo National Park and Sichuan Giant Panda Sanctuaries designed by Lauren Crawshaw;
• The 2015 5-Cent Fine Silver Coin: Legacy of the Canadian Nickel: The
Identification of Nickel and the 2015 5-Ounce fine Silver Coin – Big Coin
Series: 5-Cent Coin (both selectively gold plated);
• The 2015 $10 Fine Silver Coin – Canoe Across Canada: Serene Scene
(#4 in the series) by artist Greg Banning; and
• The 2015 $15 Fine Silver Coin – Maple of Prosperity featuring a fish design by
Albert Ng and the 2015 $150 Pure Gold Coin, whose ox design by Simon Ng
is engraved on 99.999% pure gold.
Mintages, pricing and full background information on each product can be found on the “Shop” tab of www.mint.ca.
All of these products can be ordered directly from the Mint at 1-800-267-1871 in Canada, 1-800-268-6468 in the US, or online at www.mint.ca. The coins are also available at the Royal Canadian Mint’s boutiques in Ottawa, Winnipeg and Vancouver, as well as through the Mint’s global network of dealers and distributors, including participating Canada Post outlets.