Home Forums General Discussion Return to shows

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Jesse
    Participant

How eager/excited are you to return to in-person coin shows?

mtecbc22
    Participant

I live in western Canada so we don’t get many coin shows. To have them back will be wonderful. I miss taking my sons to these shows.

edd
    Participant

Need a show, on line where a coin collector can afford some things going up for auction I don’t have 500.00 2,000.00 dollars to spare.. 10.00 to 100.00 max auction would be great for us poor collectors just a thought.

Jesse
    Participant

That’s a great idea, edd, and something we’ll try to co-ordinate through our new classifieds website with other dealers once it launches. You can check out the site’s soft launch here.

Piles
    Participant

With the speed at which things are opening up and restrictions being lifted across the Country, fall shows will be a welcome sight, albeit with some extra effort on the part of organizers to ensure the safety of attendees and dealers.

Looking forward to seeing many of my collector friends and familiar dealers in person. September is also the unofficial start of the calendar year for coin clubs. No doubt that many groups will face some challenges transitioning from virtual to regular meetings but at least we are seeing a light at the end of the tunnel.

donyD
    Participant

I am not quite a professional in numismatics. I can rather call myself an amateur, since relative to many here I am still new to this. Therefore, I collect coins as well as writings. By the way, such works really inspire me for my main work, since I work as a writer in some educational web services, so I probably know how to start off an informative essay. And I need numismatics at the moment to expand the range of interests

Proof Nut
    Participant

September unfortunately seems to be a write off with many shows scheduled that month unable to function under strict guidelines, reduced number of dealers, limited capacity and additional costs such as surgical gloves, masks, sanitizer, etc.

October is usually the busiest month in the fall with multiple shows happening on the same weekend at times. Who knows where we will be by then but if there are some within an hour or so drive, I most likely will attend. Packed meeting rooms on the other hand won’t likely resume until sometime in the spring or summer of 2022 if we are not able to control the spread and eliminate the threat by the end of the year.

xosta
    Participant

I think that it is more likely to find love in pages that use https://www.datinger.uk/reviews/match-com to win that award, the truth is that it is a waste of time but who am I to judge the tastes of my friends elderly.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Keep up to date with the numismatic community

Canadian Coin News

Canada

Canadian Coin News is Canada's premier source of information about coins, notes and medals.

Although we cover the entire world of numismatics, the majority of our readers are Canadian, and we concentrate on the unique circumstances surrounding collecting in our native land.

Send Us Your Event

Running an event? Send it to us and we will display it on Canadian Coin News!

Submit Event →

Subscribe To 26 Issues For Just $54.60/year

Subscribe today to receive Canada's premier coin publication. Canadian Coin News is available in both paper and digital forms.

Subscribe Now

We acknowledge the financial support of the Government of Canada through the Canada Periodical Fund of the Department of Canadian Heritage.