Home Forums General Discussion Online dating?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Belissimo
    Participant

Probably, everyone has had this at least once in their life: you have registered on a dating site. You never know: someone felt lonely, someone’s curiosity was played out. And someone may have decided to try their luck.

Personally, in my memory, there were only two and a half cases when something serious came out of this for people. Two cases are classic: he and she first corresponded for a long time on the Internet, then met in real life, and the relationship continued. And another half falls on a very peculiar arranged dating club that operated in the first post-Soviet years. At first, people looked at the photos of the applicants, without communicating at all, and chose who they would like to see at one of the “meeting evenings”. If the wishes of both sides coincided, the club staff arranged an acquaintance. Such is the prototype of the Speed Dating sample of 20 years ago.

And that’s it! The same faces, mostly male, can be seen for years on different dating sites. Didn’t they find anyone? Or did they not set such goals? And if so, why do people go to dating sites at all?
    We asked expert psychologists and website owners. The most common reasons were the following.

TOP 5 REASONS WHY PEOPLE SIT ON DATING SITES
    1. FROM EXCESS OF TIME (FROM NOTHING TO DO)
    The most common reason for visiting websites in men. You won’t believe it – they are not going to meet anyone in real life at all. Not for any purpose. Someone, for example, has a TV running all day in the background – no, no, and they will look there – and they have the same thing with a dating site. They can communicate with a woman with ambiguous half-hints, but it will not go further than that.

2. FROM THE RAMPANT FANTASY
    It looks like the previous version, only more serious. Olga, 33, says: “I met a man 15 years older than me online. By some signs, I guessed that he was married, asked him about it directly. I tried to dodge, but in the end I still confessed. After that, I tried to reduce communication to nothing, but where is there! He flooded me with messages: they say, he is now on a business trip, but he will arrive any day now – and immediately invite me to a restaurant, to a swimming pool, to a country house. The arrival dates were constantly shifting. There was no end to the promises. Finally, here it is, hour x: my virtual friend flew to his hometown and … fell silent. I’ve already become interested myself. I write to him: how is it about the pool? Five days later, I get an answer: he was suddenly called on a business trip again. In the “business trip” our correspondence was resumed with a new force. This was repeated three times…”

If there is still something to comment on, then yes-men come to the sites to fantasize about how it could be. They take away the soul. And they return to their families (from where, in fact, they did not go anywhere), without planning to turn their dreams into reality.

3. FROM SELF-DOUBT
    This applies to both men and women. For some reason, people think that it is here, on a “specialized” site, that they will find personal happiness. Not like with those whom they have known for a long time and well – with whom they are friends, work together, study, spend leisure time. The fact that familiar people may be interested in them, they categorically deny. Therefore, they go for attention to strangers. Best of all-with someone else’s photo, an assumed name and an invented age.

4. FOR LOVE
    Basically, such a” hunt ” is arranged by men, but there are also enough women. Many people believe that dating sites are needed for this. And this is not far from the truth.

5. WELL, FOR SERIOUS RELATIONSHIPS,
    as statistics show, mostly women go to the Internet. Those who have failed with marriage, adult children, families of the same age.

But will they meet their personal happiness in this scenario? Or is it still better to see a person once than to read a hundred messages about nothing?

TeddyBear
    Participant

Hi. In order to establish a truly romantic relationship with a partner you like and not fall for the tricks of scammers on the network, I think you need to use proven dating sites and reviews compiled by experienced reviewers will definitely help you with this. Probably each of us has such people surrounded as nerds and especially for them there is a great opportunity to use the dating site for nerds. Take a look at the specified link and you will definitely like it.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Keep up to date with the numismatic community

Canadian Coin News

Canada

Canadian Coin News is Canada's premier source of information about coins, notes and medals.

Although we cover the entire world of numismatics, the majority of our readers are Canadian, and we concentrate on the unique circumstances surrounding collecting in our native land.

Send Us Your Event

Running an event? Send it to us and we will display it on Canadian Coin News!

Submit Event →

Subscribe To 26 Issues For Just $54.60/year

Subscribe today to receive Canada's premier coin publication. Canadian Coin News is available in both paper and digital forms.

Subscribe Now

We acknowledge the financial support of the Government of Canada through the Canada Periodical Fund of the Department of Canadian Heritage.