Home Forums General Discussion Hobby plans for 2020

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jesse
    Participant

What’s everyone’s plan for their hobby next year? Planning to attend any major shows, make any major acquisitions, etc.?

pmcoins
    Participant

Jesse
    The immediate forecast for 2020 is strong. The collector market is looking for the best of the best, and when it comes up, it sells very quickly. The low end market is active with discounted Mint product going out the door in the secondary market, most of the Gold and Platinum coins are realizing about melt or a little better if it comes with COA and box. What is continuing to happen is strong auction sales of little seen material. There will be a large amount of world coin coming to market in the near future and the response from the various auction platforms such as Icollector and Swappy, bodes well for the future. Wish everyone the best of the Holidays and see on the Bourse soon.

Proof Nut
    Participant

Looking forward to attending many of the coin shows within an hour or so drive from my home mainly for the camaraderie, dealer support and club promotion.
    Slowly starting to downsize and plan on spending more time organizing and cataloging my collection in 2020. Like most collectors/hoarders you look at some of the items and wonder ‘why did I buy this?’, and ‘does this still have meaning or fit into my collection?’. Bottom line for many is to collect what you like and enjoy the hobby as much as you can!

Proof Nut
    Participant

As of March 11 everything is on hold due to the COVID-19 Pandemic. Lets hope this doesn’t stretch out too long.

Joseph
    Participant

Since being stuck at home I have been concentrating looking for notes to fill my albums. I am surprised by how many dealers do not have their inventory available on line. I am currently looking for a nice example of a 1937 $100, not professionally graded, in VF to XF condition. Been looking at icollector auction site, seen one but missed the auction.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Keep up to date with the numismatic community

Canadian Coin News

Canada

Canadian Coin News is Canada's premier source of information about coins, notes and medals.

Although we cover the entire world of numismatics, the majority of our readers are Canadian, and we concentrate on the unique circumstances surrounding collecting in our native land.

Send Us Your Event

Running an event? Send it to us and we will display it on Canadian Coin News!

Submit Event →

Subscribe To 26 Issues For Just $49.99/year

Subscribe today to receive Canada's premier coin publication. Canadian Coin News is available in both paper and digital forms.

Subscribe Now

We acknowledge the financial support of the Government of Canada through the Canada Periodical Fund of the Department of Canadian Heritage.