Home Forums General Discussion Attending shows during flu season, coronavirus outbreak Reply To: Attending shows during flu season, coronavirus outbreak

Proof Nut
Participant

The last show I attended was in Mississauga on March 8 before the COVID-19 outbreak was officially declared a Pandemic. I had a wonderful time and there were a great number of collectors there. I would attend future coin shows if given the option.

Up until March 11 it seemed as it would be business as usual with a few added precautions until all hell broke loose on Friday the 13th of all days. The spring coin show season is in serious jeopardy and all similar large events will be forced to cancel as has happened with the Edmonton, Cambridge and Guelph coin shows.

Whether or not we want to support the organizers, we have no choice but to comply with local health authorities orders. A tremendous amount of pre-planning, advertising and a significant amount of expense goes into each show before the doors are opened to the public.

Local club meetings are also being forced to shut down as many take place in senior centres, churches and community centres.

Is the NPS&CS going to be the next major event to be cancelled given that it only 3 weeks away and mostly everything else is being postponed until at least the second week in April?

Keep up to date with the numismatic community

Canadian Coin News

Canada

Canadian Coin News is Canada's premier source of information about coins, notes and medals.

Although we cover the entire world of numismatics, the majority of our readers are Canadian, and we concentrate on the unique circumstances surrounding collecting in our native land.

Send Us Your Event

Running an event? Send it to us and we will display it on Canadian Coin News!

Submit Event →

Subscribe To 26 Issues For Just $54.60/year

Subscribe today to receive Canada's premier coin publication. Canadian Coin News is available in both paper and digital forms.

Subscribe Now

We acknowledge the financial support of the Government of Canada through the Canada Periodical Fund of the Department of Canadian Heritage.