Trajan publishing is searching for a new editor for its two magazines — Canadian Coin News and Canadian Stamp News — after current editor Bret Evans announced on Monday he has personally decided to move to ‘other challenges’.
Evans will remain with Trajan until his replacement is in place, expected sometime in January.
Publisher Mike Walsh has released a job posting for the position, which has also been posted this week on local and national job boards.
Trajan Media, publishers of the Canadian Coin News and Canadian Stamp News, is inviting applications for the position of Editor of our two magazines.
Serving the numismatic and philatelic communities of Canada since 1963, each magazine is published every other week.
The role of the Editor is to oversee and manage the editorial production of our magazines (print, online, social media and other multi-media platforms). This includes managing the editing, fact-checking and proofreading process, as well as ensuring the magazines are produced to schedule with the highest quality possible. In addition, the Editor must be a main contributor to the content of the magazines and websites and act as the main liaison with our readers.
The Editor will also be responsible for coordinating submissions from our more than 40 freelance writers from across Canada and the United States.
The Editor will work closely with the Publisher and our small, dynamic team to enhance the brands’ presence as well as shaping the content and tone of the magazines’ multiple platforms.
The skills sets we are looking for include:
- Strong and sophisticated written and verbal communication skills
- Interest in numismatics and philately (an asset)
- Bilingual (an asset)
- Ability to strategize to create targeted content for our magazines and special interest publications
- Positive, energetic, motivated personality
- Refined attention to detail, organizational skills, and an eye for consistency
- Ability to multi-task and perform in high-pressure situations under tight deadlines
- Desire to work in a collaborative, team-oriented environment
- National travel as necessary to visit clients and tradeshows
- A Journalism, Communications or Marketing degree or related field, or related relevant experience.
- Possess a working knowledge of Quark XPress, In-Design, Adobe Photo Shop and Illustrator, Excel and Word on a MacIntosh Platform
- Residency in or relocation to the Niagara Region
The ideal candidate will demonstrate integrity, confidence, enthusiasm, initiative, high level of ethical standards, and have qualities of a team leader and player. This position reports directly to the Publisher.
Please email your cover letter, resume and salary expectations to: Publisher Mike Walsh at firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline: December 15, 2014.