This is sometimes also known as Thermoplastic Rubber and is made from a mix of plastic and rubber. The combination is a very popular material that is used in many everyday, household items. Compared to many other materials this provides a cheaper solution that still offers great flexibility.
● Positive: If you’re worried about being allergic to the material… don’t. Its make up means that it is hypoallergenic.
● The material is odorless meaning you won’t have to put up with any off-putting smells from your new life size love doll.
● Negative: The material is porous meaning that there are tiny holes in the material that can allow liquids to get in and become trapped. This can lead to the build up of bacteria if the doll is not regularly cleaned.
● Positive: More relevant to the use of this material for sex dolls Thermoplastic Elastome also offers a soft texture and slip resistance – perfect when using with your favorite water or silicone-based lubricant!
● Another positive is the way this material is able to take on heat from your body and retains it to offer a more realistic experience.
● Negative: Not all TPE dolls are made equal. Each manufacturer has their own “recipe” for mixing their material.
So, quality can vary from one manufacturer to another.