Shortly after being selected as the president of the Professional Numismatists Guild (PNG) for the 2017-19 term, Barry Stuppler announced his plans to host the “largest, most exciting National Coin Week we’ve ever seen.”
Stuppler, who was chosen during the PNG board of directors meeting in Colorado on July 30, is president of Stuppler & Company, which is based in his hometown of Woodland Hills, Calif. He’s also president of the California Coin and Bullion Merchants Association; chair of the Gold and Silver Political Action Committee; and a former president of the American Numismatic Association (ANA).
“One of the first projects I want to launch during my presidency is to have PNG jointly work with the ANA and the United States Mint to create for April 2018 the largest, most exciting National Coin Week we’ve ever seen,” said Stuppler. “Virtually everyone is interested in ‘money’—we need to capture the public’s underlying interest and show them the enjoyment of numismatics.”
COUNTERFEIT, FRAUD DETECTION
Other goals during Stuppler’s presidency include counterfeit detection and fraud detection educational programs for PNG members as well as increasing the benefits of PNG membership. He also wants to establish professional marketing programs for PNG and the PNG Accredited Precious Metals Dealer program.
“Under PNG Bylaws, member-dealers of the organization elect the board members at large, and then the elected board members select the officers from within their group. During their July 30, 2017 meeting in Denver, Colorado the nine-member board chose the President, Vice President, Treasurer and Secretary,” explained PNG Executive Director Robert Brueggeman.
The other PNG officers selected for the 2017-19 term include:
- Vice-President Richard Weaver, of Delaware Valley Rare Coin in Broomall, Pa.;
- Treasurer Wade Milas, of RARCOA in Willowbrook, Ill.; and
- Secretary James A. Simek, of Numisgraphic Enterprises in Westchester, Ill.
In addition to the officers, PNG board members for the new term include:
- Immediate Past-President Dana Samuelson, of American Gold Exchange in Austin, Texas;
- new board member John Brush, of David Lawrence Rare Coins in Virginia Beach, Va.;
- new board member Brett Charville, of Standard Numismatics in Chicago, Ill.;
- new board member Don Ketterling, of D.H. Ketterling Consulting in Reno, Nevada; and
- new board member Don Rinkor, of Rinkor Rare Coins in Santa Rosa, Calif.